Our client is a leading company specialized in insurance and risk management services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts and statutory reporting of a portfolio of clients. The Client Insurance Accountant would be required to take full ownership of the management of clients;
- To ensure that Management Accounts and statutory reporting is incompliance with Insurance Accounting rules and principles;
- To authorise banking transactions and asset management administration for a selected portfolio of client companies in compliance with the Investment Guidelines and in conjunction with the Treasury Officer;
- To liaise with clients and their advisers with regard to taxation matters;
- Prepare business statements/QRTs for MFSA and Central Bank forms;
- To ensure the client companies comply with all aspects of Malta Company Law and The Insurance Business Law; together with other relevant Laws, Codes & Regulations including Anti Money laundering requirements;
- To ensure that client companies comply with all aspects of Solvency II directive in the implementation of the three pillars on a proportionality basis;
- To attend client company board and committee meetings and to present and address insurance, accounting and finance matters, as requested, in conjunction with the other members of the client servicing team. To be responsible for the co-ordination of these meetings and the production of the necessary agenda, papers and minutes;
- To entertain clients and prospects during and outside business hours. All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed by the Company;
- To attend suitable training courses either in Malta or elsewhere. All reasonable costs including travel and accommodation expenses associated with such courses will be borne by the Company;
- To assist in the general manning and operations of the office, including answering the telephone and other routine office functions as dictated by the business from time to time;
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Ideally be a fully qualified accountant through ACCA or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience in the insurance sector is not a must but will be considered an asset.
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and spoken in English;
- Maltese language would be considered a big asset;
- Ability to thrive working as part of a team with minimal supervision and a positive approach towards challenges and problem solving;
- Be an ambitious individual, with a keen aptitude to learn, a head for figures and an eye for the future.
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity for further Career growth within the Malta company and within other countries where the company already has offices;
- Company benefits will include paid parking, life and health insurance, free company lunches and an excellent modern working environment to name a few.