Our client is a well established leading local distributor of medical and food supplies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Updating accounting records, including but not limited to journal entries and posting of supplier invoices;
- Assisting in the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to bank, cash and creditors;
- Provide timely feedback on high risk receivable balances;
- Conduct regular follow up with clients and ensure that the ‘Average’ collection period is in line with the internal financial framework;
- Be actively involved in the administration and monitoring of credit control procedures;
- Achieve the monthly collection targets set by the framework;
- Answer incoming calls, respond and resolve customer’s enquiries and coordinate disputes if needed by routing to the appropriate resources for resolution and follow up where necessary;
- Maintaining the creditors ledger, including payments to foreign and local suppliers on a timely basis and reconciliation of suppliers statements;
- Supervision of cash reconciliations and handling deposits of funds received;
- Maintaining an orderly financial filing system;
- Carrying out other ad-hoc office duties as may be requested by the management.
- minimum have an O level standard of education in Accounting;
- Experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to work independently and able to prioritise his/her work load;
- Knowledge of basic accounting functions;
- Ready to learn and adapt with a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and electronic devices;
- Highly organised and able to work well under pressure;
- Punctual and dependable;
- Knowledge of Shireburn Financial System will be considered an asset.