Our client is a leading player in freight forwarding
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that airfreight services operated are profitable and marketable;
- Ensure that the relevant documentation is tracked, received and processed on time, with any failure to be notified to the head of section;
- Responsible for ensuring air freight operations are compliant to internal company's policies and external government regulations;
- Input data, file and process documentation;
- Provides quality customer service to all vendors, agents to facilitate the required objectives and provide customers with daily updates;
- Keeps clients informed of transport arrangements and status; maintains knowledge of market trends and changes in service options;
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately consistent with company policy;
- Receives rate requests; prepares and issues rate quotations externally and internally as required;
- Process reports and establish competency with the internet, and basic software programs.
- Have an A-level standard of education;
- Candidate with 2 years of experience in a similar role will be given preference.
- Be of good conduct and a team player;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and characteristics supporting a diverse workforce would be seen as a requirement;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints, to write reports and business correspondence;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.