Our client is a leading operator in the Hospitality industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all staff within the Maintenance Department in the absence of the Maintenance Manager;
- Daily coordination within the operation;
- Ensure a safe, well maintained hotel where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance and power costs are within budgeted controls;
- Ensure efficient preventative maintenance procedures at all times, and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff;
- Ensure effective security and controls within the department, to ensure purchases and their storage are in compliance with company policy;
- Maintain and enforce the hotel’s protection and energy saving policies;
- Ensure a continual flow of water and power at the most economical level;
- Monitor consumption levels compared to budgets and recommend methods for effecting savings;
- Lead by example, stressing attention to detail, a high standard of finish, attentive and personal service to guests, sales awareness and personal initiative;
- Co-operates and co-ordinate with all other departments and ensures that all maintenance requirements are treated promptly and to correct standards;
- Ensure that the plant room and equipment are maintained well;
- Establish service quality standards for the department, which accurately reflect what happens in the day to day work situations;
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated;
- Assist the Maintenance Manager to ensure total safety at the place of work where all maintenance matters are concerned, particularly during repairs, and after modifications are carried out;
- Be aware and involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensures that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order;
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Managers and Heads of Department;
- Meet any other request given by the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager or the General Manager.
- Candidate with previous experience in a similar role will be given preference;
- Have experience in Hotel Management;
- Good standard level of education.
- Knowledge of Materials Control;
- Able to manage and lead a team of co-workers;
- Self-confident, efficient and well organized;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexible and honest.