Our client is a leading organisation in accounting, audit, tax and financial planning services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- To continually search for opportunities to increase the Firm’s Audit and Accounting Advisory business and to submit proposals to acquire this business: such business to consist of audits, authority related work, accounting policies and procedures manuals, accounting systems related work, due diligence assignments, limited business valuation engagements and work of an investigative nature;
- To plan the Firm’s Audit business in detail and to allocate staff responsibilities for the work involved in order to ensure that client deadlines are met;
- To regularly review work carried out within the Audit Division to ensure all quality control guidelines are being complied with and that all Audit Division staff are aware of these guidelines;
- To counsel individual staff members within the Audit Division in relation to technical and work management matters;
- To review the quality and quantity of Audit Division staff and to make recommendations to the Senior Partner in relation to recruitment, training and cautioning/dismissal;
- Further, initiate recruitment of staff for the Audit Division;
- To negotiate fees with new and existing clients;
- To act as the Firm’s Centre of Excellence in relation to Audit matters and to keep himself apprised of all matters relating to Audit;
- To perform a concurring review of financial statements (specifically those that are listed or have qualified audit opinions);
- To liaise with the Firm’s Director of IT Consulting in relation to IT developments that could assist the Audit practice: both in relation to IT Audit and staff/client IT matters;
- To represent the Firm as its Audit Partner and to keep the other Partners updated on opportunities/competition in the marketplace and on developments in the Audit business;
- To provide the Management Consulting Division with a low cost but quality controlled financial modelling services, whenever necessary, in relation to feasibility studies;
- To take responsibility for the overall quality on each audit engagement and ensure that the appropriate audit opinion is given on the financial statements;
- To ensure that independence and ethical requirements are met on each audit engagement;
- Any other task reasonably assigned to the staff member and within their skill set.
- Have been working in auditing for a minimum of 5 years at managerial/partnership level;
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures;
- Project Management experience;
- Educated up to degree level or CTS;
- Experience with listed clients;
- Experience of auditing international groups.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent;
- Previous experience of managing people;
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements;
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.