Our client is a leading company in banking and payment solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaison with the Board of Directors on all aspects of risk and regulatory risk management relating to programs;
- Liaison with the CEO on all aspects of financial risk management;
- Working on regulatory and compliance issues including liaising with the MFSA;
- Daily involvement with all TPL teams on all operational risk management aspects of the business;
- Working closely with partners to minimise commercial risk and ensure all services are compliant with Maltese regulatory requirements;
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer with direct reporting responsibilities to the Board;
- Create annual report on AML to the Board and Monthly Risk and Compliance Reports;
- Preparing and signing off the annual Compliance report;
- Dealing with the Financial Services Authority on a regular basis;
- Involvement with industry bodies on risk and regulatory compliance issues;
- Being responsible with the Board for AML compliance;
- Supervising and managing all compliance requirements of TPL including travel abroad to corporate customers and subsidiaries as required;
- Analysing, improving and structuring all internal compliance procedures, reports and documentation;
- Training of staff & Board on all relevant AML, risk and compliance matters;
- Understanding risk and liability under regulations and system network rules (including Mastercard and Visa) and working to minimise operational and regulatory risk;
- Detailed understanding of financial services law, e-money capital authorisation and conduct of business rules across the EU including AML, E-Money Directives, Payment Services Directives, General Data Protection Regulations – Including Data Protection Officer responsibility, PCI-DSS, Information Security, and any other relevant regulatory requirements;
- Reporting to the Board as required;
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director from time to time.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Compliance Officer / MLRO role preferably within the finance industry;
- Relevant qualification is a must;
- Must be recognized by the MFSA (PQ’d).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in other languages will be considered an asset;
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and in a team;
- Proven ability to meet and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- An eye for detail and accuracy;
- Honesty, integrity and strong decision-making skills are required for the successful performance of this role.