Our client is a leading company in the financial and tax services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing interim financial statements, annual reports, monthly management accounts;
- Responsibility for both schemes and company accounting / finance matter;
- Compilation of budgets and forecasts;
- Liasing with external bodies and other regulatory authorities;
- Preparation of the various related tax returns (corporation tax, withholding, VAT, payroll related returns etc);
- Adoption of the proper internal control procedures for both client accounts and internal accounts (eg reconciliations, sales invoices, procurement, payroll etc);
- Preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports to Management/Directors;
- Monitoring the Company’s solvency position;
- To investigate, report and explain to board of directors, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and other exceptions;
- To manage the companies fixed asset register;
- To take the lead in liaising with the companies’ external auditors and other advisors and ensure financial statements are signed off within the required Group reporting deadlines;
- To prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation;
- To prepare corporation tax computations and manage the submission of these to the Income Tax Office as well as dealing with queries raised by them;
- To manage the companies cash flow and treasury function;
- To liaise with the managing director regarding the financial implications and consequences of business decisions made;
- To provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables and personal objectives;
- To attend meetings with directors and prepare and manage "bottom-up" budgets and business plans;
- To liaise with directors and ensure that internal accounting systems, processes and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business;
- To head and manage the billing process and ensure it runs efficiently by liaising with Client Relationship Managers and senior management and producing relevant reports. To ensure that invoices are sent out to clients on a timely basis and raise ad hoc invoices where necessary.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience managing people;
- Fully qualified Accountant and in possession of a Public;
- Experience in the finance industry will be considered an asset.
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ideally have a good strategic mind;
- Analytical skills;
- Excellent Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Good at multitasking;
- Excellent with Microsoft Office tools;
- Fluent in Maltese and English.