Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all staff within the Maintenance Department in the absence of the Maintenance Manager;
- To ensure a safe, well-maintained hotel where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance and power costs are within budgeted controls;
- To ensure efficient preventative maintenance procedures at all times and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff;
- To participate in budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and ensures the maintenance team’s commitment to achieve this;
- Ensures a continual flow of water and power at the most economical level and monitors consumption levels compared to budgets and recommends methods for effecting savings;
- Ensures that technical drawings, certificates and records are current and properly filed;
- Leads by example, stressing attention to detail, a high standard of finish, attentive and personal service to guests, sales awareness and personal initiative;
- Co-operates and co-ordinates with all other departments especially housekeeping, front of house and food and beverage, ensures that all maintenance requirements are treated promptly and to correct standards;
- Ensures that the building plant and equipment are maintained to their full life expectancy;
- Establishes service quality standards for the department, which accurately reflect what happens in the day to day work situations;
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated;
- Assists the Maintenance Manager to ensure total safety at the place of work where all maintenance matters are concerned, particularly during repairs, and after modifications are carried out;
- Be aware and involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensures that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- HTD level of technical education or equivalent;
- Very well organized and analytical;
- Wireman’s license A&B;
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- Assertiveness, ability to handle pressure, and a result driven personality;
- A hands-on approach is required.