Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the day to day hotel operation;
- To ensure highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities;
- Monitors the distribution of manpower (rosters) as well as the application of overtime and suggests or implements any necessary changes;
- Participates and co-ordinates in the preparation of the annual budgets and capital requirements and ensures their implementation;
- Coaches Department Heads where weak, to ensure they produce 100% efficiency in each of their department;
- Ensures that the hotel quality standards are properly communicated, implemented and practiced and also updated when necessary;
- Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive programmes and future planning;
- Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene is achieved and maintained;
- Participates and co-ordinates the preparation of the business plan and monitors its progress;
- Plans, executes and participates in special projects / assignments as requested by the General Manager;
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communication to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity;
- Familiarise yourself with the Health and Safety regulations and ensure the hotel promotes and comply with them;
- Familiarise yourself with the property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility;
- Ensure security incidents in operational area are reviewed and corrective measures are implemented to prevent recurring incidents;
- Ensures that the establishment is well maintained and any maintenance work is carried out with the least inconvenience to guests. Also, to ensure that the décor and ambience of the establishment is at its maximum at all times.
- Previous experience in a similar role for more than 1 year will be considered an asset;
- Attained a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Be proficient in the latest Microsoft Office applications particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Have a friendly and positive approach to work;
- Be detail oriented, have the ability to meet tight deadlines and be a team player;
- Solid understanding of financial management;
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.