Our client is a well-established organisation in the industrial goods and services industry
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Review project orders and book projects within an acceptable period from award/confirmation, providing action plans with time frames for completion, ensuring staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project;
- Provide approved submittals to the Production & Assembly team following project booking;
- Coordinate and follow up with them and Supply Chain on the delivery of project material to ensure that all required material is ready prior to project start date;
- Liaise with inter-departments, namely Sales, Research & Design, Supply Chain and Finance Departments in order to comply with the fulfilment works;
- Track job progress and notify client if required completion dates cannot be met; provide action plans with time frame for completion;
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems;
- Regularly report project status to senior management and highlight potential problems;
- Organise staff briefings to ensure ongoing communication flow at all levels of the Department;
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure activities are planned and executed in accordance with contractual payment terms and actual payments received;
- Participate in site activities such as site coordination with architects, consultants, builders and site supervisor, etc.
- Proactively manage customer communication throughout the project;
- Deal with customers’ complaints personally (where necessary) and take all appropriate actions to resolve complaints in a professional and fair manner.
- Maintain project documentation and ensure that all project data is kept up-to-date and accurate for reporting and auditing purposes;
- Ensure an efficient final testing of the equipment and handover to Aftersales Department;
- Determine objectives, plan as well as organise, communicate, control, and motivate the both the Production & Assembly and Installations teams;
- Manage and closely monitor related outsourcing services, third-party suppliers and employees, ensuring optimum standards are reached and compliance with legal requirements;
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude toward customers and fellow employees regardless of the circumstances;
- Maintain a properly organised filing system where necessary;
- Oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment;
- Be aware of any health and safety issues; also understand appropriately ergonomic techniques;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Maintain customer’s trust relationship by keeping service information confidential;
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Engineering or technical background will be considered as an asset;
- Preferably MQF Level 4/5 Diploma in Project Management;
- Have preferably 5 years experience in project management and/or supervision experience.
- Strong leadership and analytical abilities;
- Commercially astute – having an end-to-end view at all times;
- Conducts a professional behaviour with a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Organised, works independently and able to prioritise his/her work load;
- Results oriented and achieves deadlines;
- Punctual and dependable;
- A clear communicator and an active listener;
- Able to work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and also Maltese;
- Familiar with a range of small to large and complex projects and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- A valid Maltese driving license;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and electronic devices.