Our client is a leading player in freight forwarding
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as a first customer contact for all air freight, ocean freight and domestic after hour operational and day-to-day inquiries;
- Input data, file and process documentation;
- Keeps clients informed of transport arrangements and status; maintains knowledge of market trends and changes in service options;
- Provides quality customer service to all vendors, shippers and agents to facilitate the required objectives and provide customers with daily updates;
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately consistent with company policy;
- Process reports and establish competency with the internet, and basic software programs.
- Have an A-level standard of education, be of good conduct and a team player;
- With with 2 years’ experience in a similar role will be given preference.
- Be of good conduct and a team player;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and characteristics supporting a diverse workforce would be advantageous;
- Responsible for ensuring air freight operations are compliant to internal company policies and external government regulations;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Process reports and establish competency with the internet, and basic software programs;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages;
- Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks based on department objectives, knowing when to escalate.