Our clients is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- To head the Accounting Department servicing a growing portfolio of international holding and trading entities;
- Managing and assisting in the handling the more complex accounting matters;
- Liaising with clients in order to deliver value added services according to their needs;
- Managing and assisting the Accounting Team in keeping the books of account of the entities of our international client base and act as the point of reference for technical queries around IFRS, GAPSME and Tax related matters;
- Reviewing management accounts, financial statements and liaising with external auditors;
- Reviewing tax computations, income tax returns and VAT returns prior to submission;
- Supervising the accounting team, setting performance targets and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Reviewing back office output, fee recoverability and other team performance metrics;
- Monitor the team’s progress;
- Being able to provide advice in response to questions from staff or the Board in terms of the company’s services provided;
- Acting as first point of contact concerning accounting matters for clients, shareholders, advisors and other interested parties, and supporting the team on such matters;
- Responsible for organisation of work of the team (quality and quantity) in order to optimise team performance; monitor team’s progress and being it’s first point of contact; and other related matters;.
- Works closely with the Finance Director to ensure adequate support for the operations overall, enabling the functional agenda and meeting local targets;
- Keeping informed of developments in local laws and regulations vis-à-vis VAT, Income Tax, GAPSME, IFRS and other relevant laws to ensure that the Group complies with the respective regulations for the Country, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Keeping abreast of technical developments in International Tax legislation, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Uphold the company’s values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and equality.
- Must be a fully qualified accountant with at least 5 years relevant managerial experience in an organisation active in the Accounting sector, or in the Trust and Corporate sectors;
- Proven track record of exceeding targets and in developing and maintaining a professional network;
- Direct operational experience of international structures and private clients;
- Ideally have a qualification in Taxation.
- Strong team-player with experience in a dynamic organisation and able;
- towards solving problems and capabilities to mentoring and training own team;
- Strong communication / persuasive skills and a team player;
- Ability to think outside the box, to challenge the status quo, but to do so diplomatically and in a collaborative manner;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures;
- Ability to deal with change and to take initiative;
- to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation;
- Leadership skills and ability to effectively oversee the team and its smooth runningHands-on and with attention to detail. Also with a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent English (written and spoken) and a strong command of MS Excel