Our client is a leading organisation in accounting, audit, tax, corporate services and business advisory
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assistance to the MLROs of the different group companies with the fulfilment of their obligations, including the collection of information in respect of suspicious transactions and the reporting of such transactions to the authorities.
- Carrying out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of remediation plans.
- Assisting in the management of the coordination of regulatory examinations.
- At least 4 years experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A University degree or equivalent qualification in a related area.
- Proficient working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation and the international standards.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.