Our client is a leading provider of back up software.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and manage distributed infrastructure, applications and monitoring across multiple stacks (Azure, Rackspace, Hyper-V, VMWare) through automation that are secure, scalable and reliable;
- Deploy, manage and automate services such as load balancers, firewalls, messaging, databases and caching;
- Design, deploy and manage physical and virtual networks, including firewalls, switches, routers, VPN's and physical links;
- Gain deep level understanding of the application and systems to be able to effectively solve problems across the entire stack – servers, application, databases and network;
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to deploy new services and capabilities;
- Create automatic problem detection and resolution processes;
- Drive standardisation efforts across multiple services;
- Manage systems availability, scalability and maintainability to achieve operational stability and excellence;
- Continuously evaluate new products, tools and solutions to enhance our service capabilities;
- Participate in 24×7 on-call operation.
- Experience with Azure / AWS, Microsoft, Linux, TCP / UDP, VPN, WAF and CDN's;
- Experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures and web application security;
- Experience with Database administration;
- Experience with running applications in containers such as Docker or Kubernetes will be considered an asset;
- Experience with caching (Redis) and message queuing / streaming technologies will be considered an asset;
- Experience in application and infrastructure monitoring, reporting and alerting such as NewRelic, Dynatrace, Graylog, ELK, Grafana, PRTG, Prometheus will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of CI / CD pipelines such as TeamCity, BitBucket, Octopus Deploy, Rundeck will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge / Experience with Atlassian Suite will be considered an asset;
- Aware of current InfoSec best practices and certifications such as PCI, ISO27001, NIST will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of incident, problem and change mgmt following ITIL practices will be considered an asset.
- Keen on improving product reliability, performance and scalability;
- Passionate to automate manual processes with a good knowledge of scripting and automation tools;
- Ability to quickly assess and address incidents and escalate as necessary;
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to find root cause of issues through troubleshooting and participate in blameless retro's;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).