Our client is a leading corporate, tax and business advisory firm well established in the local market.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department;
- Provide excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries;
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy;
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methodology, policies and principles;
- Supervise and monitor the work of the accounts department personnel and ensure that they follow established rules and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize projects, quickly determine the requirements to accomplish them;
- Oversee the work flow of a small team of partly and fully qualified Accountants for services to International Clients;
- Constant liaison with the Directors, clients and other professional service providers.
- At least 2 years' experience is required for this role with a strong knowledge of the Maltese frameworks (Tax, VAT laws, etc);
- Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting /Finance or ACCA qualified will be given preference.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Highly organised person;
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and develop staff;
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards;
- Able to work on their own initiative and in a team whilst also adhering to deadlines;
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package.
- As the company is constantly expanding opportunities for career progression are definitely available