Our client is an international mobile banking service provider.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal agreements and other arrangements, with a broad spectrum of suppliers and other third parties;
- Supporting the business in a wide range of commercial and other relationships;
- Monitoring developments in regulatory requirements and providing strategic counsel on emerging legislative developments and trends;
- Drafting and reviewing the Company’s Policies and Procedures;
- Dealing with complaints that may arise;
- Working closely with the business to identify, anticipate and address legal issues that arise;
- Managing legal risks;
- Providing ad hoc advice on a range of different matters including general consumer law, data protection, consumer crediting, distance selling of financial services and employment law, among others;
- Cooperating with external legal advisors on foreign law matters;
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- A qualified lawyer, preferably with 2- 5 years post-qualification experience;
- Candidates with experience and/or qualifications in Financial Services will be favourably considered.
- Understand the legal, reputational and commercial dimensions of risk;
- Have a strong command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Have excellent organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Have excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail;
- A team player;
- Have the ability to understand and translate complex legal issues into brief communications that can quickly and clearly inform decision making;
- Thrive in a high-performance environment;
- Are skilled at identifying issues and solving them creatively and proactively.