Our client is a leading provider of back up software.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Test our software and tools on various platforms and setups to make sure that all features work as designed;
- Identify and investigate defects or inconsistencies;
- Contribute to testing documentation and defects resolution;
- Voice your opinion on features and ways to improve our products;
- Execute regression, load and system testing;
- Product benchmarking.
- Must have at least a basic understanding of computer networks;
- Knowledge of manual testing processes and different types of testing such as functional and regression testing;
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows issues, using inbuilt Windows applications;
- Experience with virtualization such as Hyper-V or VMware would be considered an asset;
- Experience as a network/system administrator, QA/Software Tester or Technical Support Agent;
- Experience of unit test frameworks, automated testing and user interface testing;
- Although not a must candidates with a BSc in IT or Computing will be given preference.
- Have good logical, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Be a quick learner and a self-starter;
- Have a very good level of written and spoken English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Must be passionate about technology, computers in general and eager to learn new things;
- An understanding of the Windows operating system (file system, registry, memory model, security model, process model);
- Knows what Volume Shadow copy, replication & deduplication are;
- Must have a good sense of humour and be a team player.