Our client is a leading company in banking and payment solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute an operational strategy and model in support of the company’s core objectives. This strategy will complement the Sales and Marketing departments’ customer management strategy. The strategy will work in partnership with Business Development to deliver and manage a full end to end process of all customer touch points, from acquisition, on-boarding, servicing, collections, retention, cross sell to ultimately closure;
- Deliver cost effective, quality driven customer service to agreed service level agreements and standards;
- Accountable for optimising customer service experience in line with Sales and Marketing Strategies and Treating Customers Fairly principles;
- Support a fast moving ‘test and learn’ environment to help rapidly expand product innovation;
- Ensure effective governance over all complaint processes including a strong ability to work successfully with ‘customer action’ bodies;
- Oversee the establishment of effective systems and controls for compliance with applicable requirements and standards and for countering financial crime; taking guidance from the Compliance Officer/MLRO and Risk Manager;
- Ensure personal and team Compliance, Operational and Risk industry expertise is kept up to date;
- Build, lead and motivate a team of committed Finance, Relationship Management, Compliance, Risk and IT Support staff;
- Develop and manage an annual business plan and operating budget to ensure that the financial targets are met;
- Improve Operations by recommending and delivering new enhanced and /or automation solutions which reduce cost and/or align to a better customer experience;
- Ensure key suppliers are managed to the agreed company standard with the appropriate level of oversight and management;
- Drive value, improved service and increased resiliency throughout the supply chain;
- Manage and directly oversee company’s major third party suppliers and manage the oversight of third party suppliers to the agreed corporate policy with their agreed owners;
- Actively participate and take accountability with the Executive Team to optimise revenue opportunities, corporate governance and business effectiveness.
- Oversee the planning and management of appropriate level of Operational internal and external resources required to meet the agreed corporate objectives;
- Champion solutions on cross functional projects which benefit the whole company;
- Responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies which could provide the department/business a more effective way to service clients and suppliers;
- Champion opportunities where future business investment/change in priorities can accelerate business profitability;
- Assist other executives in meeting their own personal objectives;
- Ownership of the company's Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a General Management role or a C-level role;
- Must have a University degree ideally in Finance or Management.
- Sound financial knowledge and experience to drive superior P&L results;
- Good banking sector knowledge – UK and European markets;
- Knowledge of payment cards and the payment card environments or knowledge of marketing prepaid products from other industries;
- Excellent leadership, coaching and people development focus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to lead, influence, challenge and inspire;
- Sound experience of strategic planning, operations oversight and high performance management;
- Strong data analytical mind set – leveraging data and its insight to improve performance via defined KPIs, reduce costs, and improve processes;
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet challenging deadlines and deliver performance targets;
- Problem Solver, making decisions promptly, within abilities, having considered both the short and long-term implications to the customer / client / supplier and/or company;
- In-depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties;
- Detailed oriented having an understanding of all roles within the operation and full understanding of processes and procedures within the business;
- Customer Orientated being a role model giving excellent customer focus and quality improvement, delivering on promises, making confident decisions.
- European senior operational management experience and risk management expeirence in payment sector or complementary sector to payments such as mobile/telecoms operators, internet ,e-commerce, mCommerce, or lending institutions;
- A proven track record of driving and defining complex operational models and strategy, especially within a regulated environment;
- Demonstrable experience of successfully improving and managing organisational performance at an executive level position;
- Experience in business which markets/serves the sub-prime, "under banked" and/or transit/migrant workers and/or immigrant populations with either credit or general payment products.
- The selected candidate will lead the Malta operations and have the opportunity to benefit from a Bonus structure on reaching the company's KPI.