Our client is a DMC that over the years has succeeded in developing longstanding business relationships with the island’s top hospitality product and service providers. Our client forms part of a worldwide family of DMC’s handling millions of travelers worldwide.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, maintain and improve relationships with the hotels decision makers, sales and marketing and key staff in the operation.
- Familiarise closely with clients' set up and business model. Develop a strategy with assigned clients outlining clear objectives, and adapt the product to their needs and realities.
- Compile contract documentation.
- Prepare and conclude all related reports and forms, (i.e. contracted / SPO reports, average rate reports, SPO index, weekly materialisation report).
- Send out final quotations and itineraries to overseas Tour Operators.
- Weekly review of hotels sales situation with yield and reservation.
- Allotment observation of all assigned Tour Operators.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the destinations' culture, history and all the features that make tourists want to visit the destination.
- Organise familiarisation trips for the clients making sure that expenditure on such publicity / educational initiatives do not exceed budgeted costs and ensure the most mileage out of every euro / dollar spent.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager or Department Head.
- Have 3-4 years sales experience in a travel agency or tour operator and a sound knowledge of the local tourism scene, the suppliers and the people behind them.
- Be in possession of a bachelor in tourism or similar field.
- Possess strong communication skills in English; fluency in other languages such as French and / or German will be considered as an asset.
- Have strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Have strong time management and analytical skills
- Be able to work under pressure and within a team.