Our client is a well renowned business in the Maltese market with various interests in different industries
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the finance team members;
- Assist the Group Chief Financial Controller in the running of the finance operation as a Group function;
- Report to the Group Chief Financial Controller;
- Responsible for managing the team reporting to him/her;
- Develop management accounts for a subset of companies falling under the Group;
- Manage the analysis of financial findings and propose recommendations which make operational and strategic sense and add value to the business;
- Manage the preparation of VAT returns and other statutory forms;
- Monitor and plan cash resources;
- Manage the preparation of budgets and other financial forecasts, and reports as requested;
- Ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Department by properly allocating tasks to subordinates;
- Ensure that all internal control procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Manage the implementation of new systems and procedures, give advice and contribution to relevant parties;
- Encourage teamwork to enhance efficiency through improved performance.
- Be a fully qualified accountant warrant or in the process of;
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior leadership finance role.
- Have a pro-active approach;
- Be highly proficient in the use of Excel and accounting programmes;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline;
- Have a strong leadership skills;
- Ability to motivate and mentor the finance team reporting to him/her;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Health insurance, mobile expenses will be offered to the selected candidate.